Saturday, October 6, 2012

10 Miler

Out to the lake for a 5 mile loop times two at 8:30am. Chilly 47 degrees. Wore my new hot pink Fila skimmers with my lime green shorts on top and my blue Fila light Running Jacket. The first 5 miles felt effortless except for the one big hill. The second 5 miles felt good but it was not too strenuous. I feel very ready for the Half in just two weeks (!).

Nearing the end of the first loop I ate (drank?) a GU gel. Then at my car I drank some Gatorade. And within 2 minutes I was out running again. I did the first 5.0 in 41:58 and finished all 10.0 in 1:23:53 (8:23 average pace). I know come race day I'll have 3 more miles to do but today it definitely seemed like an additional 3 would not be a problem. And while my average pace was decent I want to go faster come race day. I feel confident that under race conditions I will be able to go faster.

New Miles: 10.0
Total Miles: 1087.5
Miles Remaining: 412.5
Weight: 126.4


No comments:

Post a Comment