Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Frankenstorm

Last night saw lots of rain and stories from New York City about the flooding; today brought more stories and pictures. It is crazy stuff. After keeping up with that news all day I got home from work and since it was still raining and cold out I went to go directly on the treadmill, but I found myself with a migraine. At first I didn't know it was a migraine - I thought I had a momentary vision problem and then it last so long I thought I was going blind or suffering from some major health issue. But after 20 minutes my vision stopped being non-vision and the blurriness/non-seeing-ness went away and in its place a massive migraine started to take hold on my right side with some bonus left shoulder area numbness.

I started walking with the vision issue and walking cleared it up. But I started running and my head was foggy regardless of my better vision. But I was determined to not quit like I've done these last few days and so I started jogging then running. I ran at a slow pace for a while then bumped it up to 6.5 mph. Then for 1 mile I ran at 7.0mph (8:00 pace) at 1% incline. My head was very unclear but I ran along listening to pop music on Pandora - and while the music hurt to listen to it it helped me continue running so I blasted it. I was not helping myself fend off the migraine, and I knew that was stupid of me. And then the rest of my night was spent napping then reading in silence to try to rid myself of the Frankenstorm inside my head.

1 warm-up lap, 3 miles running, 1 cool-down lap. Total Workout: 3.5 miles in 31:46 545cals.

New Miles: 3.5
Total Miles: 1135.0
Miles Remaining: 365.0
Weight: N/A

No comments:

Post a Comment