Monday, October 29, 2012

Failure to Run

Opposite of a "No Excuses" attitude I think my lack of activity warrants some excuses... (1) With a migraine for the past 5 days that kept coming and going I never mustered up the ability to run; a few times I got close but any movement would send my head pounding so I opted to just not run. (2) My left ankle is suffering my the mysterious injury that cropped up last Sunday - where sometimes I am fine and other times it is so painful to walk that I limp - it is like a nerve or a ligament moves to the wrong place around my ankle and it hurts to put pressure on it. It is odd and finally in the past 2 days this has started happening less and less so I think I am finally at the point I am able to run or at least walk again.

It has finally reached that time of year where I will be relegated to the Tready for many of my runs. And Lunch Walks will be nigh impossible or at least improbable. While I adjust to the cooler temperatures and rain (and soon snow) I am also just depressed to not be outside and that it is so dark so quickly. I gave myself this past week to mope and deny and recover and now I need to get my butt in motion and stop this inactivity. A good motivator is that I feel so fit and I want to maintain this level of fitness. I am happy with my weight and I want to maintain this level of "super goal weight" nearness (which is 125.0) - I definitely want to stay under 130.0 which is just plain ol' "goal weight". I feel so much like me right now that it would be silly to just give that up and revert back to my old ways.

Eating cookies a lot is not helping me. So I need to get back into motion and out of this cookie funk. I hope to get moving tonight on the Tready. Hopefully tonight my head and feet cooperate.

Night Update: With Sandystorm battering down with plenty of rain I got onto Tready with my Kindle in hand and played Fluffy Birds and listening to NPR while walking. It went mostly fine, a few pains in my left ankle, but otherwise not bad. I was hoping I would work my way up to running as I got my body moving. But about 1.0 miles in the lights went dark, the tready came to a halt, and the radio went silent. Sandystorm knocked out our electricity. I lighted my way to a flashlight with the light of my Kindle - suprisingly a powerful light in pitch blackness. A few minutes later the power came back on, but I did not get back on the tready - the power outtage zapped my willpower to move. And so I showered and sat around doing nothing but eating a salad and drawing up logo ideas. Which was probably the best choice as my head was hurting worse and worse - I think due to the severe low barometric pressure.

New Miles: 1.0
Total Miles: 1131.5
Miles Remaining: 368.5
Weight: 128.0

No comments:

Post a Comment