Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Simply 70s

Such a beautiful, warm night it was impossible to not go outside. I ate a gourmet grilled cheese and a pickle and then I went to the track to walk and run. I walked a warm up lap, did a few stretches, and then ran a mile at 9:00 pace though somehow in the second half of the mile I sped up and finished it in 8:42. Then I jogged a lap and then still wanting to walk a cool down but not wanting to finish with odd mileage I decided to run one more lap and then I walked my cool down. After those 2.0 miles I felt good; the remaining soreness felt like it worked its way out of my legs and I was able to work around the pain in my left ankle which had taken to hurting on Sunday for some unknown reason.

As I walked the final lap I decided it was too nice to stop now, and since I was feeling looser I decided to keep running. I finished out the lap, stretched a little more, swigged my Gatorade, and then I went off and did 1.0 miles of 100m jog/100m hard run/sprint. The first two laps felt fine, the 3rd one was tougher but still fine and then at that point I was fine enough to do the 4th lap since I reminded myself: "Just 2 more hard sprints". I timed the one earlier sprint and I did the 100m in 16 seconds; so that felt good. After that mile I jogged a complete lap to try to recover in my breathing and then I walked a lap. Total Workout: 3.5 miles between 6:26-7:12pm.

New Miles: 3.5
Total Miles: 1127.5
Miles Remaining: 372.5
Weight: 127.2

No comments:

Post a Comment