Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Soreness Galoreness

Awhile ago I discovered it takes me about 1 mile to actually feel warmed up. Every foot of tonight's mile was spent in the warm-up phase where I feel tight, sore, and like I'll never get loosened up again. The highlight was that I saw the dad of a kid I used to coach in soccer. I remembered his kid's name but had no idea what his was, but we said hi and had some other small talk. I always am excited when I see someone I know when I'm out in the world - it makes me feel connected to it. So that at least got my run started off on the right foot, but as for my left...

I did Lap 1 in 1:59, stretched, completed Lap 2 at 3:45, stretched, ran solid for Laps 3 and 4 - completing the mile in 7:32. Then I stretched. Then I did the 2 field lap warm up with the team and stretched more. At that point I felt looser but still not super great. Thru the first few drills I continued to stretch and that helped; I think. But mainly I remember just feeling sore and tight and tired and stiff and old.

At one point we stopped for a water break and a few minutes to sort out teams. In those minutes I got even tighter. Mainly my left lower back is not cooperating. My main plan for recovery on whatever that injury is is to wait it out and hope it goes away. So far no good, but I'm still giving it time.

New Miles: 1.0
Total Miles: 931.75
Miles Remaining: 568.25
Weight: 129.4

No comments:

Post a Comment