Monday, July 9, 2012

On My Feet I Hobble

Pre-practice I did 2 track laps in 3:43, with the stretching break in between. Then I booted up and ran a lap around the field, keeping near to the track. During practice we did a full-field scrimmage. At first I was in a position with very limited running and then I got moved to one where I could run and run and that was fun. I still definitely need to work on my sprint and recovery time, but it felt much better than previous other times I ran around the field.

After practice I went to do more track running. Within the first 50m I could feel my right groin tweak. Because I don't like to give up, especially if people can see me, I just kept going. At the end of 100m I stretched it a little. It still hurt thru the rest of the first lap. But come sometime in lap 2 it felt somewhat better. Lap 3 was fine. Lap 4 I pushed the pace a bit to try to get under 8:00 -- because I had been averaging just over 2 minutes per lap up to that point. I finished the mile in 7:50. Then I went home.

At home I got out of my car and I could barely walk. Between my left lower back pain (which I may or may not have previously mentioned (which definitely made itself known during a beach run or two)) and my right groin (and I guess I should also mention my left knee has taken to having knee pain) I was a hobbling mess. I decided the rest of the night was going to be about me trying to fix what I just did to myself. I took a shower, stretched a little, then took a bath for a while, then stretched more. Then I sat still.

New Miles: 1.5
Total Miles: 930.75
Miles Remaining: 569.25
Weight: 131.0 (Gah! I need to work off this vacation weight!)

No comments:

Post a Comment