Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Flower Power Up

Muggy day; felt like any given day in South Carolina except gladly there were some rainy clouds overhead. I sweat way too much with an end result of being inappropriately sweaty at my desk. But I got a mile in and that's really all that matters.

In the evening the storms were gone and I finally got myself to head over to the nearby school to take some pictures of their beautiful flowers. I did that for 20 minutes and then I went to the track. I warmed up for a lap and then I stepped back into Lane 4 - oddly the one rather free of walkers and runners - and went running. For 4 laps I walked/jogged the bends and sprinted the 100m straightaways. It was very difficult in that 4th lap, but it was exactly what I've needed. For football my sprint-recovery isn't all that great. It is what I told myself I would work on months ago and yet I didn't do anything about it. So at least I did it once. Then I cooled down by jogging a lap. I did 1.25 in 12:25. Total Workout: 1.5 miles.

New Miles: 1.0 + 1.5 = 2.5
Total Miles: 942.5
Miles Remaining: 957.5
Weight: 129.4






No comments:

Post a Comment