Monday, July 30, 2012

Reflecting Pool of Sweat

1.0 mile Lunch Walk in the 82 degree funshine. It was delightful. For most of the walk I had Two Man Gentleman Band's version of 'The Big Strong Man' in my head, so I didn't get much actual thinking done. But it was delightful nonetheless.

Pre-practice I ran. I went to work early so I could leave "early" to beat traffic since sitting for an hour isn't my idea of fun. And it worked out well! I got to the field with plenty of time to get a nice run it. I warmed up for a lap at 2:00 pace. Then I ran 1.0 solis in 7:20. Then I followed it up by doing a mile with 3 laps where I sprinted/ran hard for the straight-aways. I then cooled down by jogging and walking for a lap. Doing 1.25 in 11:25. Total Workout: 2.5

Some 'Get in shape' class was at the track from 6:00-6:30. From the snippets of conversation I gleamed during my laps these are people who are either just trying to get back in shape or trying to work towards doing their first half marathon. The lady in charge completed her first 'camp' the session before and was able to do a half marathon. Tonight's session was a 3 mile walk plus several whistled times of running. It was a motivator to run faster when I weaved through the people hogging up my lane - which I was attempting to make Lane 2 since they were everywhere on the track. As I ran I reflected on how just 2 years ago this pretty much was me, though more credit to these people who went out into a social situation and decided to work hard. I prefer solitude and working solo and yes writing about my journey but pretending that simultaneously no one and everyone is reading my posts.

I followed up the run by doing practice - where by the end my legs were pretty dead. I officially need a day off from running. I think I made up a lot of ground I lost from not doing something for a few days. But now I am just 1 mile away from a fun milestone so we shall see!!

New Miles: 1.0 + 2.5 = 3.5
Total Miles: 949.0
Miles Remaining: 951.0
Weight: 129.4

No comments:

Post a Comment