Thursday, July 19, 2012

A Long Time Coming

I have felt so out of it and slightly depressed by my lack of activity. I have said it before and it still rings true - it is so easy to do nothing, so hard to do something. But I got myself out of my funk this evening and did my 3 mile loop. A sign of how infrequently I have run recently is that I forgot to put on my safety vest! And yes it was only 6:30 but it was dreary and rainy and felt odd to not have it on.

But I did feel myself running quickly and well. I went along decently enough for a while and then my usual tiredness and harder breathing kicked in and then I recovered and continued to push out my run. I was doing good pace-wise and in the final mile I decided I wanted to be done by 26:00. Closer to the end I decided I would be happier if I finished by 25:30 and so I kept pushing hard. I crossed into the driveway at 25:29!

During the run I listened to NPR's Marketplace and The World. I was hesitant to listen to the news and use that as my motivation but it worked just fine. And perhaps it worked better than music! It got me thinking and moving and I did well. Total Workout: 3.0 in 25:29

New Miles: 3.0
Total Miles: 937.75
Miles Remaining: 562.25
Weight: 128.0

No comments:

Post a Comment