Sunday, June 17, 2012

Take A Different Route

Yesterday I had energy to run but it was late evening and I didn't want to shower before going out so I opted to not run, saved my energy, and stayed up late. All the running energy I conserved I spent on a 4.25 mile route - a different one than my usual. Ryan has a usual route that I am too scared to run since I think the shoulder of the road isn't big enough, especially when the plants are all grown. But despite my fears I decided that today I would take a different route. And so at 2pm I went off and ran down the hill to the road near a creek - and I followed that along until the next town about 2 miles away, went thru the town then up the long gradual hill for 2 miles. I wore my water belt and had had my sunblock on and it was hot but not too hot and then some rain clouds moved in.

I did 4.25 miles in 40:58, making it home about 2 minutes after a light drizzle started. Then I went a did yardwork for 2 hours since the rain stopped and held off. I dug a home for the Kwazan Japanese Flowering Cherry Tree in the front yard. In the backyard I moved the Semi-Dwarf Peach Tree and Semi-Dwarf Plum Tree closer to our house so they would have more sun throughout the day.

New Miles: 4.25
Total Miles: 889.0
Miles Remaining: 611.0
Weight: 128.4

No comments:

Post a Comment