Sunday, June 10, 2012

The Run Percent

On Saturday, June 9 I had a football game in the 90 degree sun. It was difficult and reminded me that a few months ago I told myself to start doing some sprint work. I really really need to start doing that. If a football game were a slow run with no sprints I'd be good. But it's not/ The good part was that my ankle didn't hurt when I kicked the ball. I did stiffen and sore up later but I was happy to have been able to run around. Though I was quite rusty and missed a number of shots (blah!).

On Sunday, June 10 I coached the last soccer game of the season, got sunburned on my shoulders, then went swimming. Then I went out and drank a beer and ate nachos. On my way home I decided I wanted to do a quick mile. So I got home, changed, then went to the track where before running I saw a friend just finishing up his workout. We chatted for a bit and then I mustered up the commitment to running. I did a warm-up lap and then stretched out. Then I put a rollicking song on the iPod shuffle and started running. I did that 1 mile in 7:00!

This has me excited to go time a mile when I haven't been drinking or eating bad foods as I am sure I could run faster. Total Workout: 1.5 miles with stretching in ~18 minutes (.25 warm/cool). At 10:30pm it was still 80 degrees out.

New Miles: 1.5
Total Miles: 876.75
Miles Remaining: 623.25
Weight: ~130.0

No comments:

Post a Comment