Saturday, June 23, 2012

900 Miles!

Eager to wake up in the morning and run I did take my time getting up. I got out of the tent at 7:45 and my 3 sisters and 1 brother and I went on a run. Running some gravelly backroads then onto asphalt was a delightful run. I had used Map It! and figured out where 1.25 miles was -- and when in the middle of no where my landmark was: End of an open field near a house. We ran out and as we were running our uncle and cousin drove by coming back from the store - we waved. Then we ran beneath some very buzzy powerlines - which made us sprint a few hundred yards.  We enjoyed conversation and running. Then we turned around and went back to the cabin.



 



Once back Bridgette and I continued on down the road to the tree line beside an open field - indicating we'd gone .25 miles. Then we of course ran back and evened out the mile to 3.0 total.


Being just one mile shy of 900 miles and still feeling very energetic I rounded up my brother and sisters again and they agreed to come walk with me a mile. I checked to see if Ryan wanted to join and my happy face was met by an awakened grumpy one that said no. So I bounded off and then we walked .5 miles up the road and .5 back to get me to my 900th mile! Yay! We got pictures together to document my accomplishment -- using my new Kodak Playsport zx5.


Later in the day Ryan and I headed down to the river and walked the Rails-to-Trails for a bit. We headed to a rock we like to stand on on the rover but there were sunbathers so we just turned around and walked back to the tunnel to look at that. We did .5 miles



New Miles: 2.5 + .5 + 1.0 + .5 = 4.5
Total Miles: 900.5!
Miles Remaining: 599.5
Weight: N/A

No comments:

Post a Comment