Friday, June 15, 2012

A Do Run-Run

Lunch time found me perusing Lowe's website where I discovered trees were 74% off; so instead of walking I drove to Lowe's and purchased a Kwazan Flowering Cherry Tree. It was 12 feet tall. I fit it into my Honda Fit by beding teh branches back on themselves. I hope my poor tree survives! Because he sat squished like that for about 5 hours before I got him home. Then I went back to Lowe's and bought 2 Semi-Dwarf Peach Trees and 1 Yoshino Flowering Cherry Tree. I really wanted the Pussy Willow but sadly someone had bought it. Then I went home and dug some half holes and placed my trees (still in their pots) in them. I also moved some ornamental grasses to make room for them. That was about an hour of digging and carrying and looking and digging.

Since it is mid-June it was still light enough out at 8:40pm and so I went on my 3 mile loop. I felt good and maintained a decent clip. I wanted so badly to get home in under 25 minutes. Near the end I pushed myself to make it and didn't waste the energy to look at my watch. I told myself, "Run as though you have only a few seconds to spare. If you run as hard as you can and don't make it then you at least know you did try. Don't rely on knowing ho wmuch time you have left to be your motivator." And so I did run hard. I crossed into my driveway and looked at my watch and it read "25:05". I was disappointed to have not made the mark but I did still feel a sense of accomplishment since I knew I pushed it hard and did give it a good effort. And Heck! I just did 3 miles in 25:05! (8:21 pace!)

I then caught my breath. Changed into a less sweaty shirt and met my friends out at Applebee's.

New Miles: 3.0
Total Miles: 884.75
Miles Remaining: 615.75
Weight: 128.8

No comments:

Post a Comment