Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Less is More

Lunch Walk: On Monday, August 8 I did my .5 mile loop at lunch.

Today, I sat at my desk with a migraine all day. I got home and continued to have the migraine but it was less intense for a while. Then it started picking back up again. Since in recent times exercise has helped stem off a migraine I opted to go on a walk. I had been dressed in my running gear for a few hours, but never dd go - too scared it would hurt. And so close to 10pm I decided to do something to see if I could make myself feel better. I walked 2.0 miles - the first 1.5 at 4.1mph and the last .5 at 3.8mph. After the first 0.8 I picked up my 1 lb hand weights and carried those to get a little extra in.

I also focused on my form, since early in the evening Ryan had we watching a few New Balance Minimalist <=> (Less is More) running videos on "Making the Transition to Good Form Running" to better form running. The 4 tenets: Posture, Mid-Foot, Cadence, and Lean. So I tried to keep good posture and a few times practiced cadence. I have a feeling it is going to take me a while to make the transition. I have been trying to strike mid-foot more on this journey and I think I am doing that decently well but the posture, cadence, and lean components are going to be a challenge. Learn More: New Balance Good Form Running

New Miles:  0.5 + 2.0 = 2.5
Total Miles: 367.25
Miles Remaining: 1132.75
Weight: 138.6

No comments:

Post a Comment