Sunday, August 28, 2011

Can't Stomach It

Enjoyed two large bowls of Kashi cereal and then my Mom's scrambled eggs. Then I went to Football practice. At first my stomach was a bit queasy but then it settled down. We did a full-field scrimmage for one hour. I ran some but nothing too crazy. My body was stiff and tight and not happy to be running. I forced myself to do extra sprints during the practice as I need practice at that.

I came home and napped and when I awoke I went on a run, around 2:45pm. The temperature was perfect in the shade, there was some gusty wind but nothing crazy, but then in the sun it was nearly unbearable. The clouds and sun kept toying with me as I ventured out the first mile. And then all of a sudden as I completed mile one my stomach had intense pains. I decided to cut off the one half mile nub and started walking. The pain got worse - just general digestive cramps along with some more female cramps. Instead of looping back to my trail to do 2.5 miles I instead went right back from where I came and hoped to (a) make it home and (b) make it home in time. It was unpleasant and I mixed in walking when necessary. I share this story not to gross you out, but rather to share that you should always listen to your body. There is a fine balance between when to listen to your body and when to push it to do more. Today I forced myself and got lopsided and my body revolted and let me know. Total Workout: 2.0 in 24:41

Most Motivating Song: Tegan and Sara - "Are you ten years ago" - Played three times at the beginning of the run.

New Miles: 2.0
Total Miles: 397.0 (New Goal: Make it to 400.0 miles before the end of August!)
Miles Remaining: 1103.0
Weight:  138.4 (but between yesterday morning and last night I went from 137.4 to 141.8 and then I guess I found a better equilibrium over night)

No comments:

Post a Comment