Monday, July 4, 2011

Independence 5K

After a week with a severe cold, where I couldn't do anything but rest, I woke up at 7:00am and went .3 miles away with Bridgette and at 8:30am we ran a 5K.

There were a number of serious runners, one we called Mr. America due to his America-themed shorts, and then a bunch of people like us. Mr. America ran it in just over 16 minutes! I wore my LiveStrong yellow shirt and black shorts and bib #27.

Bridgette ran it in 26:25 and I ran I in 26:27! The pace out of the starting line was intense, we got swept up into the serious runner crowd til they all got around us in about 30 seconds. It was super speed racing followed up by a pretty quick personal pace but it felt so much better than the starting pace.

Overall pace: 8:32 minutes per mile!! This is the first time I have run consecutive miles at fast pace.

New Miles: 3.1 (5K)

Total Miles: 331.75
Miles Remaining: 1168.25
Weight: 137.4

No comments:

Post a Comment