Thursday, July 28, 2011

Me and U2

On Tuesday, July 26 Ryan and I headed down to Heinz Field in Pittsburgh for the U2 360 Tour. We parked in the North Side and walked there and back. Due to recent laziness and thus limited progress toward my goal I am counting the walking. Plus I say it counts because it is a distance I walked which is all part of this journey I am on.

And so there and back was over 1.5 miles (plus all the walking up and up and up and down and down and down to and from our seats at the tippity top).

Then on Wednesday, July 27 I did some "cross-training" where I cut the grass in the front yard. It was in desperate need of a trimming and I was in desparate need of an excuse to not run. My body felt so tired and sluggish so I cut the grass instead. Additionally, my right foot arch hurt so that was also helping nudge me to not run and rather walk around on soft grass. It took about 30 minutes.

On Thursday, July 28 I walked during lunch. On my half mile walk I saw a cute little hummingbird! This time I saw it for a few seconds and then it flitted behind a large branch. I stopped and then walked a little and found him again -- continungint o hover hear another branch and then he actually landing on the branch for a few seconds so I could get a good look at him. and then he was off again just like that! I feel like I have been in a hummingbird filled world my whole life but only recently my eyes have been opened to them. I think it amazing that I have seen two within a few days.


New Miles: 1.5 + 0.5 = 2.0
Total Miles: 352.0
Miles Remaining: 1148.0
Weight: 140ish


No comments:

Post a Comment