Saturday, July 23, 2011

Feels Like a Workout

Did some yard work - wheeled 11 barrows of 7 shovelsworth of pebbles to the back yard; took 30 minutes. Then rested a little then got changed and went running. Clouds moved in and it felt a little cooler, though when I checked the weather when I got back it was 89 degrees with a "feels like" of 96 degrees. It was good. I think I was fine because the air was so humid every time I breathed in I hydrated. My motto was slow and steady. At mile 1 I smartly opted to cut off a half mile from my run and so I completed 2.5 miles today in 27:35.

The dirt on my legs from the yardwork slowly melted down to mud as my leg sweat built up. I loved it. I felt like I was an important athlete again and pretended like I was dirty from a hard fought soccer game.  Speaking of which, I talked to the President of the local soccer club today and re-upped to assistant coach in the Fall with the same team. It will be fun to do soccer again in the Fall, there is just something about soccer and Autumn weather that I love.

New Miles: 2.5
Total Miles: 347.0
Miles Remaining: 1153.0
Weight: 138.0

No comments:

Post a Comment