Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Enough with excuses

During my half mile walk during lunch (which I am going to start tracking as part of my Journey) I reminded myself I haven't run in a while and I need to get going again. Enough with excuses -- severe cold, several day migraine, family get together -- I need to find time to run and walk.

So at 7pm with sun shining in the hot and humid evening I went out on my normal 3.0 mile loop. Surprisingly once I got going I felt decent and had no need to stop and walk - other than for cars when crossing streets and one brief time when I needed to stretch when my left lower back started hurting and one brief minute when I stopped and talked to my friend's dad who I saw out in front of the house and just had to say "Hi" to. I finished my run in 30:28.

Then for a cool down I cleaned up the back yard which took about 30 minutes since it was a post-party clean-up.

New Miles: 3.0 + .5
Total Miles: 337.5
Miles Remaining: 1162.5
Weight: 139.2

No comments:

Post a Comment