Sunday, March 20, 2011

Track the Quarters

In the evening Ryan and I went out on a long run out the back roads then back on other back roads then over to the Middle School where he could run faster - he did 2.0 there and I did 1.75 - then back home.

We ran at my pace, and for some I walked as my right ankle felt locked up and wouldn't bend well as Ryan ran extra and would loop back for me. Then about 1.0 miles in it loosened up and I was good to go. A few different times Ryan pushed me to go faster - which was semi-grueling but good to do. And so in just under 50 minutes I did 4.75 miles and he did 5.3.

When we stretched out I said I was disappointed to not have evened it out to 5.0 because I could only record 4.5. Ryan said "I think you should track the quarters." And after some discussion, where I complained it would make calculating the math harder (solution: use a calculator), I agreed that it made sense, especially since I am upping my mileage and I want to make it all count.
 
And so lo and behold today marks the transition where instead of .0 or .5 increments I move to recording down to the .25 mile.

Most motivating comment: "Catch up to me." - Ryan, said a few times when I would fall behind as he picked up the pace a little.

New Miles: 4.75
Total Miles: 138.75
Miles Remaining: 1361.25
Weight: 142.2 (Schlachtfest at 2:00pm did me in and I felt the food the whole time when we ran at 6:15pm)

No comments:

Post a Comment