Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Mental Barriers

Tuesday, March 8 - Out for a 3.0 mile run and mid-running the "3.0 mile" marker was a mental barrier. I felt as though I couldn't reach it try as I may and then the closer I got I was doubting I would ever be able to run more than 3.0. Kind of like my 1.0 mile barrier experienced just a short time ago.

And so, I warmed up for .25 and started my 3.0 non-stop run, though I did cave in to the need to stretch at .5 in - but after that I did the next 2.5 solid. And with the barrier before me I sized it up and decided I would not give up so easily - I must continue at least .25 more and keep going as long as possible. So I crossed the 3.0 mile marker and I felt grateful to at least meet that goal and that freed me from my mental block as I kept on. I said "So long measily 3.0!" as I kept running for 4.0 miles at 6.1mph 1% incline. I then jogged .25 then walked .25 for a Total Workout of 4.75 in 50:21 733 cals. The amount that counts toward my journey: 4.5 miles in 46:30.

I felt so happy with myself for not giving up and pushing the run out. I finally got into the groove of running at 3.25 miles, so everything after that felt non-anguishing.

Most Motivating Song: The Flaming Lips "The Yeah Yeah Yeah Song"; repeated three times.

New Miles: 4.5
Total Miles: 118.0
Miles Remaining: 1382.0
Weight: 143.8

No comments:

Post a Comment