Saturday, March 12, 2011

First Outdoor Run

Yes, that is correct. I just ran twice on the same day. But how could I not with weather finally agreeable? 57 degrees, sun to be seen from time to time between the clouds, very windy, no snow on ground = perfect opportunity to go for an afternoon jog around unexplored blocks.

So I went out my Local Favorite, sans music, but instead of turning around and going back for a trypical (typical trip) out-and-back I opted to explore. So I turned left then followed some roads that were parallel-ish to my main route. Turns out they wound a bit and were unnocticeably veering me farther from my road, and I learned this when I saw a school one block ahead of me that I recognized that I didn't expect to see - I meandered about .25 miles down-hill from my main route then wound my way back thru the round-aboutly-connecting neighborhoods. It felt different but good to run outside; definitely a change of pace as I did run slower and had to fight against the wind and changing inclines.

When I got home I used http://www.usatf.org/routes/map/ and mapped my run. Turns out I did 3.05 miles! I left at 3:46 and returned at 4:17 which equates to 3.0 miles in 32 minutes. Now I felt as though I ran slower than that pace plus I walked for a minute twice and I stretched for 30 seconds at one point; so I don't know how accurate my map is. But I want to believe I did 3.0. And my heart hurt a bit as I was finishing the literal home stretch so I feel as though I did 3.0. So we will say that is what it is and I feel good about that.

New Miles: 3.0
Total Miles: 123.0
Miles Remaining: 1377.0
Weight: 141.0 (I better drink some H20!)

No comments:

Post a Comment