Thursday, January 20, 2011

Imperfect State of Mind

Motivation Level: Zero. I wanted nothing to do with anything that involved moving my legs. I ate some delicious PB&J on rye for dinner, followed by a few pieces of chips in some feta red pepper dip, and as I stood in the kitchen so close to the Gym I took a deep breath and put the dip away then went and put my shoes on and got my way onto the treadmill.

I "Set a Goal" and contemplated programming in just 1.0 because that is all I planned on walking. But just in case somewhere in that mile I decided I wanted to more I programmed in 2.1 miles as my goal. I walked at 4.4mph then bumped it up to 5.0mph, motivated not by wanting to jog but by wanting to get it over with. Then 12:35 later I completed 1.0 miles 117cals.

At that point I decided I could walk 0.5 more; and so with a walk-jog I increased my total to 1.5 miles in 19:02 173cals. Then I walked 0.2 miles for a cool down. In that half mile I was rewarded with O.A.R's "Tragedy in Waiting" and these lyrics "Someday we may graduate into a perfect state of mind". How perfect! I started this workout not truly motivated to do it but somehow found my way onto the treadmill and then eager to end it, and perhaps someday I will change my imperfect state of mind to being perfect - where I want to work out, I do it to have fun, and I don't just give up 1.5 in but rather go the whole distance and complete my set goal. 

Most motivating sound heard during the workout: O.A.R "Tragedy in Waiting"

New Miles: 1.5
Total Miles: 51.0 (Yay! I'm 1/30th of the way there!)
Miles Remaining: 1450.0
Weight: 145.0

No comments:

Post a Comment