Saturday, January 15, 2011

2011 Pittsburgh Half Marathon: Registered.

Well, I did it. This isn't one of those "I did it!" moments, but more like a reluctant-factual statement. I signed up for the 2011 Pittsburgh Half Marathon to be held on May 15, 2011.

This is one of those "I know it will be good for me some how, some day" masochistic, motivational moments. Now that I committed 80 more dollars to my fitness journey I know I have to actually knock off some more miles of this 1500 mile journey, get myself into gear, and do more in the near term to plan for the long term. According to the Pittsburgh Marathon's website I apparently have 119 days to physically and mentally gear myself up for this self-imposed challenge.

Unlike last year, my goal for this year's Half Marathon will be to actually be fit for the 13.1 miles. The rain got me thru last year's, hopefully preparation will get me thru this next one.

I did not run today; hopefully this is not indicative of how the rest of my preparation is going to go.

As for January 14, I did some uncounted number of crunches as I watched the second half of the DVRed "The Biggest Loser" episode. And a mini-milestone was achieved! I felt some abs muscles where I used to have abs! So I think I am making some progress; consistency of effort is starting to pay off!

No comments:

Post a Comment