Tuesday, January 25, 2011

First 5k

Maui Taco 5K - A 3.2mile jaunt in Hawaii. Foolishly I told myself I had to run the whole thing - so thru multiple desires to stop and to hurl I continued on. I paused at mile 1 to write down my time and then at mile 2 to chug some water and then not again til I had gone to the end.

Try as I may I could never get in the zone, this was due to the incessant feeling of needing to throw up my dinner that I also foolishly ate just 10 minutes before running - a kilbasa and sauerkraut on ciabata and a sizeable portion of greenbean casserole and some Lays Baked BBQ potato chips and a tall glass of orange Fanta.  So I spent 33:10 thinking of "Don't throw up. Don't stop and don't throw up." It was close call. Sometimes I am not as smart as I should be.

1.0 11:09 116cals
2.0 21:29 238cals
3.0 31:33
3.2 33:10 373cals

To evidence how exhausted this 5k made me and how much I just had to concentrate on just finishing -- I didn't even take the time to round out my work out to be 3.5miles. So sadly I have to round down to just 3.0 towards my goal.

Most non-nauseating song: Dave Matthews Band "Crush"

New Miles: 3.0
Total Miles: 56.0
Miles Remaining: 1444.0
Weight: 146.2

In the few minutes I took to type this up my body has become so very tight. I am now going to stretch, lay on the floor for a bit, and then do 100 crunches. 

No comments:

Post a Comment