Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Searching for Perfection. Finding Myself.

The day was overcast, with forecasted afternoon showers. The temp was in the low 70s. I went on a walk that was just over 1.0 miles.

I decided to walk because I decided it is silly to wait until some perfect moment to finish up my journey. I am stopping myself from being active just for the hope of a perfect final mile. Whenever I do it and however I do it it will be perfect. Why? Because it is my journey. I am doing it. Even if I am physically with people who love and support me I will still be the one going that mile. Even if I am alone I have the knowledge that there are people who love and support me. So I decided I need to stop holding onto these final miles and waiting for perfection. I should do what I do as I do.

Once I hit 1500 miles I won't be stopping, so what does it matter if my family is with me with the 1500th mile or the 1501st mile? It doesn't. It matters that I am out there doing.

New Miles: 1.0
Total Miles: 1497.0
Miles Remaining: 3.0
Weight: 137.8

No comments:

Post a Comment