Monday, June 24, 2013

I Repeat Myself

Having accomplished my goal I feel so free. Not that my journey was a burden, so it's more like the freedom of feeling like I am truly walking for me. I have been walking and running for myself, but without it going towards a goal it is like giving a humdrum mile a special status. I value and cherish this mile for what it is. It has no baggage added to it. It is a distance set before me that I do because I do it.

Lunch was sunny and around 90 degrees and so I went out and I walked 1.0 in the sun. I took a full water bottle with me. Also, just over half a mile in I found a perfect bench in the shade and took a semi-nap for 10 minutes. The walk and nap were both needed to wake me us for the afternoon.

In the evening I thought about going out shopping for sunblock. Instead I went to the track. I donned my maternity belt. I walked half a mile for warm up, stretched, drank a few sips of water, and then for 1.25 miles I did 100m on/100m off repeats of walking/running. After .5 miles of it I gave myself a water break. Then .5 later I felt a slight pain in my lower side. I ignored it for one more lap and then for another 100m, because I wanted to keep running. As I ran I hoped I was fine, as I don't want to push myself too much. Then I walked a lap, stretched, drank the rest of my water and went home. Total Workout: 2.0 miles in 2X:XX.

3.0 miles for myself today! I feel so good with my changing body and very rapidly growing baby bump. I want to stay fit and moving and healthy, especially as my body changes so I stay strong and ready for the physical challenges that lie ahead.

New Miles: 1.0 + 2.0 = 3.0
Total Miles: 1503.0
Weight: 141.4

No comments:

Post a Comment