Monday, June 3, 2013

Back on Track

Life has been busy and I haven't gotten a chance to walk or run. And the one opportunity I had on Saturday I didn't realize it was my last chance to work out for a while until all my free time had passed. I wrapped up the weekend late Sunday, too late to walk or run. But it made me all the more committed to running on Monday.

Realizing that soccer is now over means Monday evenings are now free - this realization put me more at ease.

A nice evening with temps in the 70s. I drove to the track. I walked a lap to warm up then I jog/ran a lap. I stretched and grabbed water. I ran 1.0 solid in 9:50 - which did feel decently challenging and it made me feel better that it was a decent pace. I grabbed water. I then did 1.0 miles walking 100m then running 100m alternating - and I did that in 12:00. I followed it up by doing a lap solid running and one final cool down one by running half and walking the final 200m. Total Workout: 3.25 in 37:55.

I wore my belly band for the run as I finally have a little baby bump to support. I clipped the Sansa clip on it and listened to the news. After a bit over 2.5 miles my left lower back started hurting, but I decided that was going to stop me. Perhaps it should of, but I often like ignoring the signs  my body gives me to stop something especially if I am so close to completing it. And thus I kept running. With the final 2 laps I did my belly started hurting a little, but not much. That one I paid better attention to, but I didn't stop since I was wrapping up my workout. I did 3.25 because I wanted to get my total mileage back to a nice round number.

I ran at the track for the main reason that the last time I went running it made me have to pee. The track is a good running haven as they have port-a-johns there. The nice thing about tonight's run was that, other than those few aches and pains issues, I was perfectly fine running that whole time.

New Miles: 3.25
Total Miles: 1486.0
Miles Remaining: 14.0
Weight: 135.0

No comments:

Post a Comment