Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Milk Mile

Yesterday I mowed the yard since I was home and Ryan wasn't yet and I wanted to get outside and do something productive. It was easy given the self-propulsion of the mower. However, later at night I laid on the couch and my back was sore. Ryan pointed out that I had run a 5K the day before. So I am guessing the two activities added up, and being that I am pregnant, my body decided to give me an achy back. At some point I guess I'll have to take it easier, so I need to keep track of the things that leave me sore. If it is just going to be life in general I might as well keep doing what I do, unless of course that gets to be too much discomfort. In that case I'll probably defer certain things to Ryan.

We needed milk and so I opted to walk to the store. I by-passed it by one store so I could buy some dollar candy. Then I backtracked and picked up my gallon of milk, and walked the half mile home. It was 78-ish degrees and so nice. The chill of the milk on my hands was nice, much better than when I did this in colder weather. It was a good walk, and not too challenging, but nice that it was more of an effort than usual.

Then I wandered around inside my house searching for something productive to do. I settled on assembling the pressure washer I recently purchased. I followed the instructions and a bit later I had a pressure washer ready to pressure wash. I turned it on and nothing, no motor kicked on. I "troubleshot" the issue by turning it off and on and unplugging it and replugging it. A minute later it worked. It isn't as powerful as I anticipated, so I am not sure if it is a defective washer or not. I was a tad bit disappointed since I envisioned really cleaning off our porch and deck with it. But it will at least get dirt off our house and do an okay just with cleaning the rest. So that was something productive I did with my night, which is better than just being a lump in my house... which I moved on to do for much of the rest of the night. 

New Miles: 1.0
Total Miles: 1494.75
Miles Remaining: 5.25
Weight: 136.0

No comments:

Post a Comment