Friday, April 6, 2012

Milestone: Mile 800!

I walked to go on a walk with Ryan and at first he said Yes. I excitedly went and changed and when I came back downstairs Ryan said that instead he was going to go on a 3 mile run. I asked if he would walk half a mile with me afterwards -- so that we could reach the 800 Mile Milestone together. He said No.

I was disappointed. Ryan went off running. Then I headed out walking. It was a chilly, windy evening. In the sunshine it was comfortable. In the shade and with wind it was a bit too chilly. I wore pants and a hoodie and my safety vest. As I completed my 800th mile I had completely forgotten about it -- until I was somewhere past it. And when I re-remembered about the milestone and thought about how I would have liked Ryan to join me I realized that my actually being alone for the milestone was appropriate. This is My Journey. No one else can accomplish this "feet" except for myself. So I am on this journey alone and that is perfectly fine. I have people who love and support me, but no one else can walk and run these miles except for myself.

As I was heading back towards home I saw Ryan ahead of me and tried shouting for him. But he didn't hear me. So as he went on I walked on and finished out the final .4 miles and then met him at home. Total Workout: 1.5 miles in 26:13.

New Miles: 1.5
Total Miles: 801.0
Miles Remaining: 699.0
Weight: 129.6

No comments:

Post a Comment