Wednesday, April 25, 2012

3 miles in 25:28

Walk at lunch in sunshine and 60 degrees. Then after work I went on a really fast 3 miler. It felt fast, was fast, and involved me pushing myself to go fast. I had a bit of a cramp in my right side but didn't let that slow me down. I'd just take a few deeper breaths to try to ease it up. And I plugged away. I was ahead of pace the whole time so I told myself to get a sub-27:00 run. In the final mile I knew I was still ahead and had a chance to do well and so I ran and ran and ran and as I crossed back into my driveway I stopped my watch and I discovered I ran the 3 miles in 25:28! Fastest road time yet! (8:30 mile pace). I raised my hands in victory then walked until I caught my breath.

New Miles: 1.0 + 3.0 = 4.0
Total Miles: 821.0
Miles Remaining: 679.0
Weight: 129.6

No comments:

Post a Comment