Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Quick Lap: 1:21!

Sunny 62 degrees and enjoyed myself a 1.0 mile walk with my co-worker Taryn. As per the usual it was quite refreshing to get outside and enjoy the gorgeous day!

When I got home I went to the track for a run. The Post-Recovery plan called for 30 minutes of Run-Form running. When I got to the track it was chilly since I was wearing just shorts and a t-shirt and didn't realize how windy it was. So it was a sunny 57 degrees but with 16mph winds, so it felt much chiller. I did a warm-up lap. Then I did a quick lap - and ran it in 1:31.94! My fastest yet! I rested some, got some water and went on another fast lap. I ran and ran and felt tired but pushed myself -- and I completed that lap in 1:21.9!!! I know I can only run one laps worth at that pace but it was 5:34 mile pace! Crazy!

I then did 2 laps with 100m light jog then 100m hard run/sprint. After that I did two medium jogging laps. I did that mile in 9:19.

After that I stretched a little because I could feel my right calf cramping a bit. And then I went home and on my drive I discovered that my lungs hurt so much that I think I made myself sick from sucking in such cold air into ill-prepared lungs.

New Miles: 1.0 + 2.0 = 3.0
Total Miles: 798.5
Miles Remaining: 701.5
Weight: 131.2

No comments:

Post a Comment