Saturday, April 7, 2012

The Fast and the Thirstiest

In the afternoon I put on my running pants and a T-short and my college soccer 3/4 zip long-sleeves and went to the track. It was in the upper 50s but I as chilly. Once I started running I got very warm and semi-regretted my pants choice. I did 1 warm up lap walk and another one jogging and then removed my long-sleeves. Then I went running.

I wanted to do 3 miles solid. As I started my run I was very thirsty, so this didn't bode well for the remaining 2.75 miles. I struggled to get my thirstiness out of my head but in one of the songs a lyric was "tired of all the dehydration". It wasn't helping. But I finished mile #1 in 8:20. I then decided I wanted to keep or improve on that pace and I did mile #2 in 8:23; so not better but at least not all that worse. I then kept going and continued on trying not to be so thirsty. It wasn't a dry mouth thirstiness but one where your mouth produces a lot of thick unswallowable saliva which causes you to spit a lot. And that is exactly what I did. Again, this didn't help me not think about being thirsty. But I plugged away and completed the 3 miles in 24:49! My fastest solid 3 mile run yet! Despite the thirst I felt good about the accomplishment.

I then went to cool down, but decided to run a few 100m hard runs. So as I did 2 cool down laps I ran the 100m straight aways nice and hard and the final 100m I pushed out the hardest -- the final one was the closest I came to sprinting. Then I stretched a little and drove home.

Total Workout: 4.0 miles in 35ish+ minutes.

New Miles: 4.0
Total Miles: 805.0
Miles Remaining: 695.0
Weight: 129.4

No comments:

Post a Comment