Sunday, December 11, 2011

Tune it out

As we drove home from church it was a sunny day and it felt comfortable outside. I looked up the temperature and it said it was 35 but felt like 29 degrees. It felt like it was in the 40s; I guess it was my warm fleece talking. I drove to the track and walked one lap and then started running at a comfortable pace. After mile 1 running I thought I'd push myself and do at least 2. During mile 2 I thought that I might as well do at least 3 since it was a nice day. After mile 3 instead of walking for my cool down lap I kept running and decided that I might as well do 4 since I may not get nice weather again. After mile 4 I decided I needed to do at last 5 since if I stopped any sooner I would probably regret it since once it got snowy  I couldn't do this. After mile 5 I thought well 5 is nice but it isn't special, I should do 6. Then after mile 6 I still didn't feel content with the amount I completed and so I kept going and completed 7 miles. After 7 miles running solid at this run-all-day pace I decided I was happy with the amount. So I cooled down with a very slow jog turned to a walk with some stretching.

I didn't bring my watch which at first I didn't like but after some running it was freeing. I listed to my iPod shuffle song after song and lost track of time. Losing track of how long I was running was perfect and left me to absorb the sun, soak up the day, and be in the moment - freeing me from wanting to get home and cross off x, y, z from my 'To Do' list. I just tuned out all the world and tuned out my own world and just ran and ran lost in the tunes in my ears.

New Miles: 7.5
Total Miles: 537.75
Miles Remaining: 962.25
Weight: 139.8 pre-run/138.4 post-run

No comments:

Post a Comment