Friday, December 9, 2011

Notivation

For some reason this week I have woken up around 6am full of energy but unable to get up out of bed to actually do anything but I enjoyed just laying in bed thinking and resting my eyes. Then at 7am I'd fall back asleep, just in time for the alarm to go off, and then I'd feel so incredibly tired and not be able to get out of bed til after 8am. Well today was no different except for the fact during this time I pretending to write a blog post about motivation and how I was so motivated I got out of bed early and got some miles in. It was going to be a great entry about being awake and so making use of the time and starting the day in a great way. But then I fell back asleep.

When I finally got out of bed I didn't have time to do much of anything except to get ready and go to work. But I managed to make myself do 20 push ups. So I did that and called it a win.

I knew though after work I definitely needed to actually do something rather than just think about how great it would be to do something. So I got home and did 2.0 miles on the treadmill in 19:51 314cals. Then I did woodblock chops 10x each arm x2 sets. Then I did 100 crunches. Then I did 20 push ups without stopping. Then I did 20 more push ups without stopping but push-ups 15-18 were almost impossible and the final 2 may not qualify as push-ups in any sort of competition, but they felt like push ups as they were really hard to complete. While I did the no-running portion of my workout I brought up YouTube and exercised to Britney Spears' "Til the World Ends" (2x) - it has a perfect beat for trying to get reps in quickly.

Most Motivating Songs: The Two Man Gentlemen Band "Fancy Beer" got me off and going, Dierks Bentley "Beautiful World" kept me going, then Brad Paisley "Cliffs of Rock City" brought me home. Then as I weight trained of course I found Britney Spears "Til the World Ends. Today I had an all around great musical work out experience.

New Miles: 2.0
Total Miles: 530.25
Miles Remaining: 969.75
Weight: 136.6

No comments:

Post a Comment