Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Monkey Hear, Monkey Modify

I love a December day forecast that calls for rain and temperatures going no lower than 40. It means there won't be snow and it won't feel too cold outside. When I got home it was 46 degrees and so at first I was super motivated to go to the track and run, but then I started talking to Ryan and sat down. It was so hard to get back up. But I just envisioned possibly a week from now where I am relegated to the treadmill dreaming of being outdoors and that got me moving. I visited the track, one of just two people there at the beginning and reaching a max of 4, for my workout.

Of course Ryan had to go ahead and talk of doing a workout where every .25 he was going to do some sort of lifting and so of course I decided to do a similar thing during my workout. I ran 1 lap for a warm-up then stretched a little and then I finished out the mile in 8:49. Then I did 20 walking lunges followed by 20 squats. Then I jogged a lap and for the final 100m straightaway I sprinted. I slowed down quickly turned around and did 20 walking lunges then 20 jump squats. Then I jogged another lap and repeated the 100m sprint part followed by 20 lunges but then 20 squats. On my third lap I am sure I slowed significantly - all that stuff catching up with me but I repeated the 100m sprint/20 lunge/20 squats. I was pretty spent and relieved to have just 1 lap left and since I started off with plyometrics I wasn't ending on them -- so after my sprint I jogged it out for 100m then I walked 300m to finish the cool down lap. Then I jogged another 300m then walked the final 100m to finish up my workout of 2.5 miles in roughly 30 minutes.

In other events today - I did accomplish my goal of having a sub-140 official weigh in. At 140 the scale leaned left and at 138 the scale leaned right - so I was somewhere around 139. I did a mental "Woohoo!" as I was glad I was able to even process what my weight was because the nurse's measuring went in a whirl wind - nothing like the drawn out weighing in seen on The Biggest Loser. Before my run I also weighed myself in to confirm/get an up-to-the-minute measuring.

So after the track I chugged a glass of chocolate milk, ate a yummy spring mix/spinach salad with blueberries, golden raisens, pecans, and a fat free cranberry vinegarette dressing, and then laid on teh floor and had Ryan help me stretch out my exhausted and tight legs.

New Miles: 2.5
Total Miles: 542.25
Miles Remaining: 557.75
Weight: 138.4

No comments:

Post a Comment