Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Inclined to Incline

Reading can be exercisily dangerous - as I read about 50 more pages of "Marathoning for Mortals" which led me to desire to walk a mile. So at 10pm up I got from my snug hole on the couch, changed from my comfy pajamas, put on workout clothes and then went and froze in the Journey1500 gym for one mile's worth of time.

16:07 193cals 1.0 miles - mainly 3.5mph pace with an increasing incline of up to 10% and then a few fractions back down the pyramid to 8%; total elevation gain of 346 feet. In a quest to determine what that "elevation gain" would equate to in a non-practical real world example Wikipedia by way of Google informed me that the Qwest Building, formerly known as the Northwestern Bell Building,  in Minneapolis, Minnesota was originally 346 feet tall until 1958. So basically in my one mile of walking I starting at the street and reached the top of this building.

New Miles: 1.0
Total Miles: 72.5
Miles Remaining: 1427.5
Weight: 148.8

No comments:

Post a Comment