Sunday, February 20, 2011

Go with them

The Gospel reading at mass today was Matthew 5: 38-48 which includes the line "If anyone forces you to go one mile, go with them two miles." Now no one is forcing me but myself, but I opted to live this line today and completed a walk/run/jog 2.0 miles followed by a .5 walk. 1.0 12:51; 2.0 23:40; 2.5 31:00 411cals.

I then balanced, sockfooted (as in no shoes but yes socks), on the trampoline and realized my right ankle is much weaker than I thought it was and I need to strengthen it more and thus my added goal will be to use the trampoline more often.

I attempted to do several push-ups but my right arm's nerve is still not feeling great and so I successfully did a push-down multiple times; I did get about 10 "girl" ones in. I also butterflied - legs out and up 6 inches with arms wingspanned out and behind my head then curled in my legs and brought back my arms. Those felt surprisingly good and as though my abs muscles were saying "This is what you want to do? I can do this."

Seeing myself close in on 100.0 miles journeyed my goal is to get to that 100milestone by the end of February. 

New Miles: 2.5
Total Miles: 88.0
Miles Remaining: 1412.0
Weight:148.4

No comments:

Post a Comment