Saturday, September 22, 2012

Sun Run. Fun? Done.

After a morning of cleaning and just moving furniture around almost aimlessly I got out the door into the beautiful early Autumn afternoon and ran. My training called for 6 miles. I ended up going 6.75 in 55:12 (8:11 pace).

I started on my 4 mile loop and veered to the track after 3.5 - which I did in 27:27 (7:51 pace). I then did .5 at the track and then started on my loop again but did my 3 mile loop. The final 2.75 miles felt difficult and much harder than they should have been. I blame myself for going out too fast. I need to learn that if I go hard early I fade fast. It gives me some hope I can meet my goal for doing the upcoming Half Marathon sub-8:15 pace. But it worries me because when I crash I crash hard. And my body starts cramping up around 6.5 miles. I definitely can't have that happen race day or all my training is for naught. It gives me hope though that when I have water and GU gels and Chomps that I'll be alright. Though it reminds me I need to start doing some runs with them so I see how my body reacts to them to make sure they won't be a bad thing come race day.

New Miles: 6.75
Total Miles: 1056.75
Miles Remaining: 443.25
Weight: 128.8

No comments:

Post a Comment