Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Double Walks

During lunch I got out and walked. It was sunny and warm and felt great. I wore my new Nike Free Twists which I picked up the other day because they are teal with white bubbles and pink swooshes on the side.

I coached soccer, less running and kicking than Monday but it was my rest day so I thought it okay. But then there was leftover pizza and I took some home and ate it. That didn't feel okay. But Ryan got home from buying new Brooks running shoes and said he was going to the track to do a light 30 minutes, as per his usual Wednesday. And so I put my new shoes back on and went with him. I walked while he ran. I did a warm-up walking lap with him and then 1.0 by myself and then he caught up to me on my final lap and we walked together. I did 1.5 miles in the 25ish minutes.

It felt good to get a walk in - it was an active rest and a good way to try to get some of my leg tightness out of my legs. And the walk immediately after eating 1.5 slices of pizza and drinking 12oz of A&W root beer I thought was a good way to keep my body guessing.

New Miles: 1.0 + 1.5 = 2.5
Total Miles: 1023.0
Miles Remaining: 467.0
Weight: 126.4

No comments:

Post a Comment