Tuesday, September 11, 2012

5 Miler Smiler

All day I looked forward to getting out of work and going running. Monday night I was saddened by the fact I had gotten home from coaching soccer and it was pretty much almost dark out, so I didn't go running. Plus it had cooled off significantly. It made me look forward to having a free night and going running when I wanted to.

I went out to do 5.0 miles as the training plan prescribed a 50 minute run. I ran my 3.0 mile loop but at 2.5 I veered up to the track and then did a lap to round out 3.0 miles. I amazed myself as I did the 3.0 miles in 22:40! (7:33 pace!). Then I took a moment to catch my breath, and about a minute later I went and ran the final 2 miles - doing those in about 8:00 minute pace. I did those 5 miles in 38:30! Average pace of 7:42!

Instead of being done I decided to walk a little and then jog. And within 100m I had ventured back into running and then for the next mile I ran the 100m straight aways harder and jogged the curves. Then I slowed down and did 2 laps at a more relaxed pace. I left the track and walked for a minute and then lightly jogged home. I did a total of 7.0 miles in just over 61 minutes.

After the run I sat and ate many pistachios and decided that salted pistachios are the way to go after a good run rather than pretzels. As I sat there I wished my legs could just stretch themselves as they needed a stretch and I felt too tired to make an effort to stretch them. Later on in the night I mustered up the energy to stretch them out.

New Miles: 7.0
Total Miles: 1020.5
Miles Remaining: 479.5
Weight: 128.0

No comments:

Post a Comment