Monday, May 28, 2012

Memorial Day Runs

During the Saturday Gaelic Football 7-A-Side Tournament I rolled my right ankle really badly. I could not run and it was difficult to walk. By Tuesday I was "mom pressured" into going to the doctor. I went and he ordered X-rays. It took a day to get the results and I learned that fortunately I did not break my ankle. I could walk much better by Wednesday but with the occasional limp when the inside of my ankle would do something unpleasant and make a step painful. The doctor ordered physical therapy for a month.

I was quite relieved to learn I didn't break my ankle again but it did make me wonder whether or not I should retire from football. Should I risk my ability to run?

On Wednesday night I went out of town with Ryan to enjoy the Memorial Day holiday with 20 of our closest friends. I went on a run on Thursday, May 24 morning - running for 30:36 and doing 3.25  miles. On Friday, May 25 I went out for a run but my ankle complained and so at mile 1.0 I turned around and did a lot of walking; I ran/jog/walked 2.0 miles in about 30 minutes. On Saturday, May 27 I got up early and re-did the 3.25 mile path in 30:01. On Sunday and Monday I rested.

New Miles: 3.25 + 2.0 + 3.25 = 8.5
Total Miles: 859.5
Miles Remaining: 640.5
Weight: N/A

My very swollen, bruised ankle

After my run

No comments:

Post a Comment