Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Funk

So I finally had the complete realization today that I feel as though I am in a bit of a funk. And I was able to pinpoint why - because my very evening-occupied schedule is making me not run like I long to and hence I just feel a bit down in general. And so having thankfully realized that I didn't go to Gaelic Football practice and re-claimed my night.

I got home and I did my 3 mile loop in the 80ish degree evening. I did it in 26:49. The first mile took 10:00 which is actually fast-paced since it is mostly a long, steady uphill and because I lost about a minute due to traffic. That first part left me quite tuckered out. I  mainly was able to go quickly and keep going solely because it was rush-hour and so many people were seeing me run. I keep plugging along and slowed down my pace on the backroads. But then it was back out to the main road again where I lost 20 seconds or so waiting on cars to clear and then I picked up the pace for the final final part of the run. For the final stretch I told myself to get home in under 27:00 and so I pushed it and accomplished my goal. And then I happily stood, walked, and did my best to re-catch my breath.

After a 10 minute recovery I went outside and cut the front grass. I did a few more "me time" things and it all definitely helped me feel better and more centered and hopefully it was enough to get me out of the funk.

New Miles: 3.0
Total Miles: 863.5
Miles Remaining: 636.5
Weight: 131.0

No comments:

Post a Comment