Friday, May 18, 2012

Lunch Walk

My work schedule and my extracurricular activities schedule is killing me in terms of having time and motivation to run or even walk! Busy week at work so I was stuck indoors missing my walks. At night I had soccer practice to coach on Tuesday, football practice on Wednesday, and soccer practice again Thursday. That brings me to today where after work I am going to happy hour with friends. Now, yes, I see I can control what I do today but still I doubt I will want to run after drinking tonight. Plus Saturday is a football tournament so I should rest up anyways.

So today I did get out into the sunshine and got my usual 1.0 mile walk in. The weather was fabulous and I enjoyed getting out into the sun and then hated returning indoors. But the walk gave me the mental and energy boost I needed for the afternoon.

Fortunately my extracurriculars are healthy things - running around outdoors. But unfortunately I cannot keep track of any distance I cover. On Wednesday before football practice I did 2.5 laps of the field; so that is something. What exactly that "something" is I have no idea and thus I can't count it. This is a bummer. Depending on how depressed this makes me I need to look into some sort of watch or pedometer or some sort of technology that I can wear while doing this stuff to track my distance so I can start counting these journeyed miles. I guess the bright side of not being able to track this distance is that it will take me longer to accomplish my journey and I should be all the more healthy for not having been able to subtract these miles.

New Miles: 1/0
Total Miles: 851.0
Miles Remaining: 649.0
Weight: 130.0

No comments:

Post a Comment