Tuesday, October 25, 2011

I'll run today

Sunny, wonderful Autumn day with temperatures in the 60s. Enjoyed myself a 1.0 mile lunch time walk. Fresh air, beautiful sky. The sun does make me so happy and refreshes my energy.

Excited to get home and run, which I forced myself into since over the last few days I felt in a rut of thinking "I'll run tomorrow." rather than thinking "I'll run today." To get myself away from that mental state I got myself out and running, the nice weather was a helpful motivator.

I donned my Montour Trail long-sleeved shirt and my Adidas 3/4 length pants and my safety vest. Half mile to the school track then 2 miles there and then home. I ran 1.0 miles in 8:15! I knew I was running decently fast but it felt good and not too strenuous and half a mile in when I saw I was at just 4:08 I was shocked and was motivated to keep going strong. Then I took an easy lap. Then I did 100m hard run/sprints straight away and slow jogged the curves. I didn't time them but it felt speedy. Total Workout: 3.0 miles in 34:01.

New Miles: 4.0
Total Miles: 470.5
Miles Remaining: 1329.5
Weight: 138.2

No comments:

Post a Comment