Monday, June 6, 2011

Do Sweat the Small Stuff

84 degrees at 7pm off I went in the evening heat. Now I like building up a good sweat so days like today are enjoyable; the sweat makes me feel like I worked hard. Well I feel as though after a week off I did put in a lot of effort to acoomplish this 3 mile run, I am sure I wasn't going particularly fast and I did walk frequently but it's another 3 down and I sweated about a gallon's worth.

Most of my run was spent wishing a nice neighbor would see me gasping for air and clearly needing water, but alas no one took pity on me. I even contemplated going up to some random house (that had someone sitting or working outside) and asking them for a glass of water. I became a bit desperate and it was only 3 miles!

I somehow pulled off this run in 30:55 -- near the end when I saw I wasn't going to be up around 36 minutes I decided to push it out -and the last flat bit of my run was pushed out so I could squeak this in in my goal of "less than 31". I made it into the driveway, walked a few steps then hunched over, forced myself to stand upright and walked some more, then I nearly lost my stomach as the phelgm in my mouth overtook my ability to breathe properly and as I desperately tried to rid my mouth of it and breathe again my stomach did a little flip. Graphic? I know. I'd say "My apologies" but this is a typical experience an athlete and so it is what it is. I chugged and chugged some water and got my breathing under control in a few minutes.


Most Motivating Song: Brad Paisley "Turf's Up"

New Miles: 3.0
Total Miles: 278.75
Miles Remaining: 1321.25
Weight: 137.8

No comments:

Post a Comment