Monday, June 13, 2011

1:32 Lap

Ryan waited for me to come home from Gaelic Football before going on a run so we could go to the track together. Ryan did a 5K. I hadn't set out with a specific goal other than to run at a quick pace. And so I did a warm-up lap with Ryan and then off Ryan went. I stretched then started off on a mile run; one lap in I needed to stretch - so I stopped my watch pulled off into the grass and did a few stretches then got started again and finished up the mile. It doesn't count as a fast lap since I paused, but I did do it in 7:37.

Then I got water and did another mile - I walked the first 100m then ran the remaining 300m for 4 laps. I finished in 8:57. My quickest 300m was in 60 seconds where Ryan had passed me and I tried to catch up before he finished the hap; I got within 5 steps.

Ryan finished his 5K as I completed my 2nd mile. I did a cool down lap in 2 minutes and back-tracked to Ryan who had walked it. When I thought we were done I said I still felt like running and so Ryan encouraged me to do it. He helped me pick something to do > Run a lap in 1:45, take a 90 second rest, run another in 1:45. And so finally with most of the slow walkers out of the first and second lanes off I went. I completed the first lap in 1:35! Then my second on in 1:32! I think I could have finished the second one faster but lost some steps as in the final bend I had to go out to lane 3 to get around some walkers, so I lost a few steps - but still 1:32! I felt really good; rubbery legs but good. With that extra half mile I was ready to go home.

New Miles: 3.0
Total Miles: 292.0
Miles Remaining: 1208.0
Weight: 139.2

No comments:

Post a Comment