Friday, June 17, 2011

Crazy Shorts

Last night I felt like running, I had caged up energy - but I couldn't go, instead I had to work. So all day toady I was excited to get home and go run. But post-work I went to a local bar for a co-worker's goodbye party where I consumed 1 Corona, 2 Waters, and ate some pretzels. By the time I got home the thought of running was still there but actual motivation was missing.

What was excited was that on my way home I swung into the local sporting good shop and picked me up a pair of Nike running shorts. There was a crazy patterned pair of shorts that I wanted previously but was not courageous enough to buy. And to my benefit - as today I found them on clearance and I had $10 off. So for $15 I got a sweet pair of running shorts. They are so ridiculous my co-workers said, "You don't plan on wearing those in public do you?" To which I said, "YES! I'm excited to!"

As for the actual running I did today - lackluster. I managed 2 miles - .5 to the track, 1 mile on the  track, .5 home in 21:00. I walked 100m between mile 1 and 2 and did each mile in 10:00.  Various parts of my legs hurt at various times; it wasn't fun.

New Miles: 2.0
Total Miles: 297.0
Miles Remaining: 1203.0
Weight: 137.8

No comments:

Post a Comment