Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Me and My FlyPod

Around 8pm I donned my safety vest and off I went on my local 3 mile route. As I crossed the main road my music stopped suddenly and then my left arm felt lighter and I heard what sounded like my iPod clinking on asphalt. I got to the other side, looked back and my iPod had turned into a FlyPod and landed fortunately in the middle of the road on the painted yellow lines. I looked to my left and made sure no cars were coming and the car to my right was far enough away -- and so I jetted out and back and picked up my iPod.

It was fortunate where it landed and it was fortunate that I ran after rush hour so I could easily get it back. I tucked it back into my arm band and onwards I went, hoping that the Velcro (or should I say 'hook-and-loop') held strong this time. Fortunately it wasn't damaged and my music happily played again.

I didn't stop again until 2.0 miles later when crossing back over the main road when traffic didn't allow me to continue for 20 seconds -- and boy did my body revolt! At my usual resting places my body was noticeably struggling to keep going and everything was telling me to stop, but I ignored the changed breathing and tired legs and I chugged along.

I completed my run in my fastest time yet - 27:28! Go me!

After I stopped my body tightened up pretty quick and then my right ankle hurt - high up where I fractured it cracked a few times and hurt to the touch. So that part was unpleasant, but I guess it's because my bones weren't happy to adjust from super hot weather to a partly sunny 64 degree evening.

New Miles: 3.0
Total Miles: 295.0
Miles Remaining: 1205.0
Weight: 137.8

No comments:

Post a Comment