Saturday, May 14, 2011

This is for real.

The Big Day is almost upon me and I am very nervous and very excited. I have been conserving my energy, carbo-loading from a delicious stew Ryan made, and hydrating. Today was my final run before the Big Run. I did 2.0 miles at 6.5mph (9:13) pace. Let's just say that at this stage that was supposed to be easy, yet it found a way to not be. So I am not letting that worry me though as I usually get over my tiredness and my body fighting off the running a few miles in - so I think tomorrow I shall be okay.

I went to the David L. Lawrence Convention Center for the "Health and Fitness Expo" for the packet pick-up -- including my bib #11717 (for an OCD person like me that is a sweet number!) and my green long-sleeved dri-fit shirt you get for participating. While there I bought 5 GU energy gels - 3 for me, 2 for Ryan and of course I couldn't help myself from looking at the gear. I found the bright yellow LiveStrong Nike Dri-Fit short-sleeved shirt I've wanted and so got that - which I plan to wear for the Main Event. I also got a "Pittsburgh Marathon" running hat. Sadly they were lacking in "Half-Marathon" gear.

When I got home I drank some water and then I went on my run - decked out head-to-toe in the exact outfit I will be wearing tomorrow: Timex Ironman Triathlon watch, Bright Yellow Nike LiveStrong shirt, White with Yellow Nike sports bra, Black Nike running shorts, Green-swooshed Nike socks, and my LiveStrong gray and yellow shoes. I feel like a giant Nike advertisement. Free advertising aside, at least I also feel coordinated and more importantly I feel comfortable in the outfit.

So more about today's run... If tomorrow is as humid as today (87% humidity; 68 degrees) I am going to need to chug a gallon of Gatorade at every fluid station as I sweated so much in my 2 mile run + .25 warm-up/cool down. Total Workout: 2.5 miles in 26:28 298cals.

New Miles: 2.5
Total Miles:  240.25
Miles Remaining: 1259.75
Weight: 136.4 (or so my scale said, but I don't believe it)

No comments:

Post a Comment